Colorado Temporary Visitors & Non-Immigrant Visas
If you are not a U.S. citizen or U.S. lawful permanent resident there are many nonimmigrant visas available for temporary visitors to travel to the United States. The purpose behind this type of visa is for people to travel into the United States. A visa, opposed to status, is a document issued by a U.S. Embassy or a Consulate that allows a foreigner to enter the United States. Each purpose for traveling to the U.S. requires specific nonimmigrant visas with varying requirements. A person might seek non-immigrant visas for many reasons, including but not limited to:
- Athletes, amateur & professionals competing for prize money: B-1 visa
- Au pairs (exchange visitor): J Visa
- Australian professional specialty: E-3 visa
- Mexico Border Crossing Card: BCC visa
- Foreign military personnel stationed in the US: N-2 NATO 1-6
- Religious workers: R visa
- Students, academic, vocational: F Visa, M Visa
- Tourism, vacation, pleasure visits: E Visa
This list includes nonimmigrant visas available with the associated purpose of travel. However, it is important to realize this is not a complete list of all purposes of travel or types of non-immigrant visas. Each visa applicant must look over and meet all the eligibility requirements for the type of visa he/she is applying for. If you want to obtain a temporary visitors or non-immigrant visa, it is important to contact an experienced immigrant lawyer who can help you look over your options. An immigrant lawyer can help make sure you meet all eligibility requirements before your application is considered.
DO YOU QUALIFY FOR A NONIMMIGRANT VISA?
In order to qualify for admission for a non-immigrant visa status, one must meet all of the criteria for the specific category.
- There must be evidence that the visit is temporary,
- Agree to depart at the end of the authorized stay,
- Posses a valid passport,
- Maintain a foreign residence,
- Be able to provide proof of financial support,
- Be admissible to the U.S. or have obtained a waiver for any grounds of inadmissibility,
- Abide by the terms and conditions of admission.
If you have any further questions about which non-immigrant visa suits your requirements, please contact a professional today. At Litman Law Firm, our team of experienced lawyers is knowledgeable in all types of non-immigrant visas, and can help understand if you are eligible. Call at 303-322-2222 to work with an experienced attorney today.